Benefits of Membership
The Family Lawyers Association of Ireland was founded in 1987 and has now grown to be the largest Association of its kind in Great Britain and Ireland. With its principal offices in Dublin, the Association also has a dynamic branch based in Cork. Both branches are active in the field of legal education; law reform; dialogue between practitioners and Court users; and lively social events, both within Ireland and beyond.
Ordinary membership is open to all practising Solicitors and Barristers, whilst Associate Membership is open to other professionals working in the wider area of Family Law.
The benefits of membership include:
- Free Attendance at seminars and debates organised by the Association throughout the year conducted by leading specialists in the area, which carry valuable CPD points.
- Subscription to the Family Law Journal.
- Access to the members-only section of the website, which gives access to the latest articles, case reports and recent legislation.
- The opportunity to be included in the Association’s Directory of Accredited Mediators.
- The opportunity to attend the annual Four Jurisdictions Conference which provides a forum for cross-border learning and dialogue.
- The opportunity to attend the Association’s own Conference and AGM.
- Invitations to attend a lively programme of social events including the Association’s famous Christmas and Summer parties.
In order to retain the benefits of membership, current members should return their completed membership form online.